How Do I?

How do I find out where to vote in an election?

Contact the Circuit Clerk's office.

How do I qualify as a candidate in an upcoming election?

Contact the Circuit Clerk's Office.

I have a question about jury duty, who do I contact?

Contact the Circuit Clerk's office.

How do I pay my delinquent taxes?

Contact the Chancery Clerk's office.

How do I pay my land taxes?

Contact the Tax Assessor's office.

What do I do if I move from my homestead property?

 You need to come to the Tax Assessor's office and sign a "Request to Delete Homestead" form.

Do I have to refile for homestead every year?

 No, not unless there is a deed change or a change in marital status. Contact the Tax Assessor’s office.

What is the deadline for applying for homestead exemption?

April 1st of the year AFTER you move into your home

How do I apply for the special or over 65 homestead exemption and who qualifies?

The special or over 65 exemption is for homeowners who became dis-able or turned 65 years old during the prior year.  It exempts the first 75,000 of true value from taxation.  Contact the Tax Assessor’s office for more detail information. 

Where is the courthouse located?

The courthouse is located at:

525 Main Street
PO Box 1284
Woodville MS 39669

Click here for map & directions.

How do I renew my car tag?

Car tags can be renewed at the Tax Collector’s office.

Where do I obtain public records pertaining to divorce, estates, land and delinquent taxes, Board of Supervisor minutes and orders?

Contact the Chancery Clerk’s Office.

Where do I obtain public records relating to Criminal History, Civil Litigation and Tax Liens?

Contact the Circuit Clerk’s office.

Who is my Supervisor?

Contact the Board of Supervisors’ office for assistance in determining the district you live in and its Supervisor.

Where do I vote?

Call the Circuit Clerk’s office at 601-123-4567

Where do I file a land deed?

Land deeds are filed in the Chancery Clerk's office.

How do I obtain a 911 address?

911 addresses are assigned through the Chancery Clerk's office.  It is helpful to know your nearest street's name and your nearest neighbors.

How do I obtain a passport?

Passport applications are accepted at the Woodville Post Office, 381 Main Street, Woodville MS 39669.  Visit for detailed information regarding applying for a passport and international travel. Where you apply for a passport depends on when you need your U.S. passport. Go to the Where to Apply page at to determine where you apply based on when the passport is needed.


How do I obtain a marriage license?

The Circuit Clerk's office issues marriage licenses.  You must bring a blood test receipt dated within the last 30 days, a picture id, and if you are under 21, you must obtain your parent's signature on the registration form. 

How do I vote absentee?

You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail, or you can visit the Circuit Clerk's office.

How do I register to vote?

The minimum voting age is 18.  You must register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election.  In order to register, visit the Circuit Clerk's office.  It is helpful to know your 911 address and social security number.

Do I need a license or a permit to open a business?

Yes. If the business is located inside the city limits, a license will be issued by the city. If the business is outside of the city limits and inside the county, the county Tax Collector will issue your license.

When I sell my car, do I keep the tag?

Yes. You may also be eligible for a credit against future taxes. If the tag has not expired, take the tag and your original receipt to the Tax Collector for a credit voucher.

Where do I get a car tag / license plate?

Car and truck tags are issued by the Tax Collector. You have 7 working days from the date of purchase to register your vehicle. New residents moving from another state have 30 days to obtain a new plate.  It is helpful to bring your automobile registration and/or title.  New residents from another county in Mississippi can wait until their next renewal to change plates. Tags are usually valid for a period of one year from the date they are issued.  

How do I file for homestead exemption?

Visit the Tax Assessor's office between January 2 and April 1.