The members of the Election Commission are responsible for conducting all general and special elections in Wilkinson County. When contracted, the Election Commission assists the Republican and Democratic parties with the primary elections. The Election Commission is responsible for ensuring that all elections are conducted fairly, honestly and legally in all areas of the laws of Mississippi. They work as a team to ensure the voter rolls for Wilkinson County are as clean as possible by removing those voters who have moved or passed away. Members of the Election Commission are elected officials that serve a four year term and there are no limitations to the number of consecutive terms that can be served. Commissioners must be qualified electors in Wilkinson County and a resident of the Supervisor District in which they are a candidate. Commissioners are mandatorily required to attend annual Certification Training conducted by the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office, to be certified to conduct elections.
phone: 601-888-4381 ext 39
Duties of the Election Commission
- Hiring and training Poll Managers.
- Preparing, and securing all election supplies..
- Burning memory cards for the election.
- Testing and preparing voting machines and ballot encoders for the election.
- Compiling precinct results on Election Day, certifying election results, and providing election data to the public.
|District 1||District 2||District 3||District 4||District 5|